Monday, November 17, 2008

3 down only about 100 to go

Well we have officially finished 3 of the tasks at the new house. The title of this post should be 1 project 100% done, 2 projects 90% done and 100 projects in various other states of chaos...but who would want to read that post.

Anyhow, I finished painting the fireplace, which had previously had a hideous red and white paint job, which included fire engine red painted bricks and painted white grout...ugh it was pretty bad. It looked a lot like those toy bricks that kids have...like these. *I don't know who that kid is*

But now it is a soothing neutral brown color. Which looks nice with the tan walls. In my house we do not do as Ikea commercials once said and "Live bold not beige" we very proudly live beige. Seriously if you don't like beige don't come to my house.

Dan, with the help of his dad put overhead lighting in all the rooms, which is fantastic, cause we hate lamps....I wish I could say a la Ron Burgundy "I love Lamp" but I can't.... I do how ever love scotch...scotch, scotch, scotch..I love scotch!!

Okay, back to the blog post...(ADD much) we also got the two bathrooms almost all the way painted, and I lined all the shelves and drawers in the kitchen and bathroom....but not the laundry room or the linen closet....see what I mean about various degrees of finished.

This week, we are going to try to at least finish one room...even if it is just a bathroom. I want one room done, I mean stick a fork in it DONE...wish me luck.

No comments: