Friday, December 12, 2008

Unexpectedly emotional

As I pack up our house I find myself getting emotional. I didn't anticipate these emotions. I'm sad, really sad.
This was our first house, this was our first home, this is where we came home to after getting married, this is where Natalie came home to from the hospital. This is where she lived for the first almost 8 months of her life.....this is my house.

Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to the new house, it's bigger, in a better neighborhood and all that, but I never expected to be moving so soon. I never expected a lot of the things that happened in the last 7 months. Things did not go as we had planned when we bought this house, we anticipated living here until Natalie was at least 3 or 4, we thought we'd sell it and move on up...but that isn't what happened. We never thought we'd be tenants again.
I'm sad and angry, I thought I was past the feelings of anger and inadequacy with regard to the move but apparently I'm not.
I know we'll make memories in our new house, and soon this home will be a distant memory, but right now it hurts. I just hope that the next family who lives here has the same great experiences in this house as we did.
Sometimes life throws you an unexpected curve ball and sometimes emotions get the best of you, today my emotions have gotten the best of me.
CRAP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my emotions would get the best of me too if Natalie got married when she is only a few months old. And if she got married, why did she go back to that house???????? LOL (re read what you wrote LOL LOL Do you have baby brain?

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

OMG, no I don't have baby brain, I was crying while typing...which might be worse.
Thanks, I fixed it.