Monday, December 8, 2008

Craptastic Saturday...the Finale

So I go home and eat the crappy sandwich and continue painting, I finished all the closet doors and moved on to lining shelves and some spackling. After about an hour of crawling on my hands and knees spackling, I decided to put up the new towel bar and toilet paper ring in the hall bathroom.
So, I'm working away, and get the ring up no problem....I am quite handy with the power tools, when Dan lets me use them. So on to the Toilet paper holder. This was tricky due to the angle but I got the brackets on there. So I am putting the fixture on the brackets and I was having a little trouble tightening the tiny screw that holds it in place...mostly due to the angle.
So I bend over a little more and twist to be able to see the screw and *POP* oh crap, my back pops.
Uh oh, I slowly get up from where I was working and stand there for a minute...I think I'm okay. I can move and I'm only a little sore...phew back spasm averted....I turn to go to the master bedroom and *BAM* there goes my back.
Now I'm stuck in the hallway, standing there and I can't move, I can't get down on the floor, I can't do anything. Luckily Dan was right there and helped me get on the floor....and so I 'm laying there unable to move pondering my awful day. The horrible borders manager who did me a favor, the inept sandwich maker, and the toilet paper holder that was my demise.
Ahhh...if ever there were a day that I should have stayed in bed....I think Saturday was it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but did you order meat?

Emmelie said...

what a day! Urgh.