Monday, December 8, 2008

Craptastic Saturday part one

So Saturday I was quite ambitious. I had some returns to make and was going to be taking Natalie to Dan's parents house. So off we went to Target, then to Baby News, then to Borders and Petco.
Everything was going fabulously until I got to Borders. Ahh Borders, a place I do enjoy, or should I say, I used to enjoy. So I needed to return a book on Sleep Habits for babies, I bought it when we decided to move Natalie into a crib and ended up not needing it as she transitioned perfectly.
So I go to the counter to return the book, the gal looks at my receipt and says "this isn't a receipt" and so ensues my craptastic borders journey...here goes:
Borders: "This isn't a receipt"
Me: "that's the receipt I was given with my purchase"
Borders: "well it isn't a receipt, it's the coupons that print after the receipt"
Me: "well that was all I was given, can I return the book?"
Borders: "Um I can only give you store credit."
Me: " I really don't want store credit, can you just credit back my card"
Borders: "Um no, this is a no receipt return"
Me: "But that's the only receipt I was given"
Borders "Well this isn't a receipt"
ME: *getting a little frustrated* "well that was the only receipt I was given, so can you please credit my card"
Borders: "Nope, I can only give you store credit"
Me: " can we ask a manager if there is anything else that could be done"
Borders "sure...*rolls eyes*"
Manager: "how can I help you"
Me: tells same story about this being only receipt I was given blah blah blah.
Manager "Well I don't think that's possible, we always give receipts"
Me: *now even more frustrated for being called a liar* "This is the only receipt I was given, I put it in the book and walked out the door, I'd really like to just return it"
Manager: " We can only give you store credit"
Me: " That's what she said, but I was hoping that you could credit back my card"
Manager : "Um no, all we can give you is store credit, and actually I'm doing you a favor by giving you store credit"
Me: "oh a favor I see....I'll take the store credit *now my blood is boiling*"

A FAVOR, seriously the manager said he's doing me a FAVOR, nice customer service Douche!!
And that was just the beginning of Saturday.

No comments: