Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Americans, are we stupid or just lazy?

I went to linens and things at lunch today, since I am still in search of some valances for my kitchen windows. So I thought that LNT might be a good choice as they are going out of business and I might get a good deal.
First off, 30% off of the original price is not a going out of business price cut...but I digress. And they didn't have any valances.
Anyhow, in a bunch of departments the stuff was 50% off, and there were signs everywhere telling you what 50% off would be. I noticed the same thing at Mervyns, signs telling you what 50% of the original price would be.
So here's my thought, WTH is wrong with Americans that we can't figure out what half of a number is. It isn't as though the starting price was some obscure amount or a ridiculously large amount. The sign literally had prices like $10, $20 etc. And then next to that the new price of $5 or $10. I mean really who can't figure out what half of 10 is.
Is it the education system or are we just that lazy that we can't even turn our brains on for one second.
Anyhow, that's my flame worthy vent today....well maybe one of many flame worthy vents today...stay tuned.

No comments: