Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday re-cap

After two Thanksgiving dinners I was in need of some fresh air and some shopping. So my mom, my sister, my brother, my brother's girlfriend and I all went shopping. We began the trip at the Petaluma Outlet Mall at midnight.
We had a game plan, Off 5th, Carters, Gymboree, Gap, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, etc etc, and then ending at Coach. Last year we made the mistake of starting at Coach and the line was an hour and a half long just to get into the store. So this year we saved Coach for last and there was no line.
We did well at the outlets, Natalie got some new clothes (while she slept in her warm crib) including her 1st Birthday outfit...which Dan calls a costume. (I'll post some pics later).
Everyone got what they went for and then some. By the time we were done at the outlets it was 4:30...only an hour and a half until Target opened.
So we grabbed some breakfast at the only place open....Denny's. And let me tell you, the folks in Denny's at 4:30 in the morning are a bit odd...but then again we were there too.
We finished up breakfast, and 3 cups of coffee, just in time to hit Target exactly at opening. There Shawn got the door buster TV, which was a 26 inch LCD for $299. I got some DVDs and we call it a day....or so I thought.
Everyone was pretty tired, since we hadn't pulled an all nighter in years. So we went home to nap.
Three hours later, mom and I were at it again. This time to the Malls. We hit JC Penny, Macys, Gottschalks, Mervyns, Aeropostal, and the other Gymboree store ( I know, I have a problem).
All in all we had a great time. We got lots of Christmas shopping done and I officially stayed up later than my 21 year old brother.

2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

I can't even imagine having that sort of dedication! Good for you guys. Wow!

SmartAssMom said...

Wait - there is a Gymboree at the Pet. outlets?? How could I have missed that!?

And holy cow lady, that's one hell of a black friday. You're a trooper!