Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Money does buy happiness...

So my cousin, who is fabulous and funny but refuses to blog emailed me something about this the other day..as an "Idea for my blog", see she's already thinking of things to blog about...that's the first step. So just create a blog already!
Anyhow, she sent me this email that said basically that money could buy you happiness, because she'd be happy if she could buy a boat, a house with a pool, etc. But that money doesn't make you rich, because for her being rich is about having a great family, great friends, health etc.
I completely agree. I think money can buy happiness. I'd be happier if I had a boat, a house with a pool, no need to ever balance my checkbook, a new car, fab furniture, a housekeeper, a cook and so on. But that I am rich...even though I'm a PBH (that's po' broke ho...for those of you who don't create acronyms for everything). I have a fabulous daughter, a great husband, a wonderful family, health, a comfortable home, a job...really I have many riches.
So I thought I'd remind myself of all my riches while I lament about my hoopty ride and my old clothes, and my burning desire to redecorate my house....because well it's true.

No comments: