Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm ready for fall!

I know we live in Sunny California, and we should be happy that it's not snowing blah blah blah. But I am really freaking ready for some mild fall weather.
This past weekend on the face of the sun AKA Santa Rosa, it was a nice 100+ on Saturday and Sunday. Of course I had a "sick-ish" toddler on Saturday who wanted to lay on me all day...needless to say I was melting on the couch.
Sunday was equally as hot..or so it felt but at least we got to cool down with a nice trip to the lake. Our friends Shaun & Amy got a boat earlier this summer so we were lucky enough to be asked to go out to the lake yesterday. Lemme tell you this pregnant lady was all too happy to jump into the freezing waters to cool off.
Natalie had a great time too, well except for the two times she fell off the back deck of the boat face first into the lake....but luckily for her we have slacked on breaking the binky so she had that plug in her mouth and didn't swallow any of the lake water. She didn't even cry...what a champ!
And did I mention that my kid only got car naps yesterday....she was an angel considering her lack of sleep. She loved watching Shaun wake board and loved waving to him although he didn't wave back.
So I will consider that a great close to summer and nature can now move on to the regularly scheduled crisp air, winds, and cool weather...

No comments: