Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Seriously WTF?!?!

As you know my dear husband is currently unemployed, I've vented here about him before in case you missed it here is the link . Well anyhow, I quickly learned that I can't really expect him to do much by way of household chores while he's home because he has this serious addiction to stupid programs that the Tivo randomly records. So my new approach was to just give him a small task each day...something easy that he could take care of during commercials or whatever....well clearly that was a failure!
Today I asked (for the millionth time) to call the city about our cash for grass completion. A few months ago we took out our front lawn as part of the city's cash for grass program and we have quite a bit of money coming to us when we have our final inspection. Simple, call the city (I left the card out with all the information for him) and schedule an inspection. It makes more sense that he would schedule the inspection since he is the one who will be there for it....I know this will cut into his daily Tivo love fest but whatever!
So I just get a call from him asking if he needs to pick Natalie up from daycare (yup you read that right....he sits on the couch and takes the kid to daycare....ugh) I can tell he doesn't want to pick her up so I tell him nope, I'll get her and take her with me to my meeting tonight so he can do whatever it is he has planned.
Then I made the fatal error of asking what he did today (earlier in the day I had talked to him while he was driving so I knew he went out), he says he helped his brother with something. Hmm, why so secretive aye? So I ask what he did, he goes on to tell me that his brother needed a jump....weird considering his brother doesn't have a car let alone a drivers license, but that's a different story. Being the masochist that I am I have to keep asking, so I prod to find out who's car he jumped....turns out it was his brothers friends roommates girlfriend's car.
So I'm trying to wrap my head around driving all the way across town today to jump some perfect strangers car as a favor to your douche bag brother....okaaaay.
Then I really push my luck and ask if he called the city.....silence....
I was fully expecting this response but I was still pissed. So I say not so calmly "so you can drive your happy ass all over town jumping strangers cars because your brother asks you to but you can't call the fucking city to get our money....maybe I should have your brother ask you to call the city...then it might happen"
His response "uh yeah maybe"

Seriously WTF! And he wonders why I'm not Suzie Fucking Sunshine all the time!

1 comment:

crazigirl80 said...

I feel your pain!! :(