Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A fine line....

Lately I've had a difficult time walking that fine line between being supportive of Dan while he is unemployed and giving those gentle nudges (read nagging) to get him to be more proactive in his job search.
I know that it must be difficult for him to be unemployed and that he would really like to find a job quickly, but from the outside it appears that he is just living this life of leisure. Sleeping in until Natalie wakes up (on the days that I don't just take her to day care early), having breakfast, watching TV, taking Natalie to day care, and of course job searching on the Internet...with some shopping and "research" added in there, lunch, TV, more job searching (?), TV, etc etc.
I had grand plans of him being a "house husband" for lack of better term, I thought I'd come home to a clean house, and maybe some laundry done...nothing too extravagant just simple little things.....but nope, the house is actually more of a disaster since he's been home, I get to see everything he's eaten all day (because the plates are either on the table still or in the sink), Natalie's stuff is everywhere, no laundry done...nothing.
So, the question is posed, how do I still be supportive of his feelings while unemployed, while being irritated by his lack of household help.....it's a difficult task.

No comments: