Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm a mean mom....

I always knew I'd be the kind of mom who laughed at her kids...I laugh at everything. I'm always the one who laughs at the inappropriate parts of movies (ya know when the guy gets hit by the train...things like that), it's embarrassing for my friends and family but whatever...it's just my sick sense of humor.
Well today I was dying laughing at my kid.
Our dogs (2 chihuahuas) have citronella bark collars...they are annoying yappy dogs and it's necessary. So today Natalie was sitting in front of Pita playing, and started to cry, well apparently the collars are pretty sensitive to any loud noise not only barking. The collar sprayed Natalie in the face, which of course made her cry even more. I, being the mean mom I am, was laughing hysterically...this of course pissed Natalie off even more.
For those of you who are worried, I did call Kaiser and they checked with poison control and we now know that it is non-toxic....I'm pretty sure she didn't actually ingest any of it anyhow.
So FYI if you are thinking of getting citronella collars for your dogs....you may want to keep your distance while crying or yelling...

3 comments:

janessa said...

OMG! OK, I'm totally busting up laughing, too. I'm the same way. I dress Jenna up just to snicker at her outfits... and I would crack up if the same thing happened to her... which leads me to: I wonder if it would train her to stop crying?

Nick and Crystal's Family Blog! said...

Nick would be busting up at this. He too laughs at inappropriate things, but oh well. Do those collars really work? If so I will have to buy 2!

Kelly said...

Uhh...thanks anonymous.