Friday, June 19, 2009

I want a do over.....

This week has sucked and I want a do over!

Monday my kid decided 5 am was a fabulous wake up time, then I missed a Drs appt because I shut off my alarm in my infinite 5 am wisdom. Get to work an hour late...bah!
Then Wednesday I had to go to the rescheduled Drs appointment. Talk about awkward. I was seeing a dermatologist about a curious mole on my chest, well they decided that I should have a "mole mapping" uh okay whatever. So I go into the room and the nurse tells me to get undressed to my underwear and put on the gown...uh the mole in just on my chest lady. So I do as I'm told...mind you the gowns are made for children (or so it seems) and I am not petite. So I'm sitting there in all my naked glory with about 18 inches of some paper fabric crap wrapped around me that I am desperately trying to make cover my business....needless to say I was feeling a bit exposed. Then just as I'm getting a bit more comfortable in my new blue crepe duds the Dr comes in.....with these huge freaking magnifying goggles on and a head lamp....oh this is going to be fun.
She proceeds to look me over while making small talk and then proclaims "I'm going to get my camera to take pictures of some of these" Uh....WTF! So then she comes back and takes a shit load of pictures of all these different moles all the while telling me how she'll be discrete and how only the other Drs will be able to see these pictures. At this point I don't even care I just want to put my freaking clothes back on. So after the inspection, she stands back and starts chatting wit me, I am still standing there disrobed and trying to use my arms to strategically cover myself....ugh.
Then on Thursday my kid decides that since 5 am was so fun on Monday she'll try 3 am. She wakes up at 3 and decides she just wants to stay awake until about 5:30....WTF!!!
So after being awake for 2.5 hours I had to go into work late on Thursday again. Thank God my boss is such a nice guy! The whole drive in to work I'm telling myself that I will go in early on Friday to make up for all the issues this week...I'm going to set my alarm for earlier and get in there early!
So Friday morning rolls around, and my kid starts crying, I get up to get her and think "man it's really light out this morning, and my alarm hasn't gone off yet so it's still early" I change her diaper and bring her into my room, check the clock and CRAP! it's already 7:30....I'm supposed to be at work at 7:45. So after a mad dash to get ready I made it to work by 8:05.
So, after all that I am demanding a re-do!

No comments: