Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hmm....I see a common thread here

I was participating in the facebook 25 random things about me, tagging that has been going on, and while I was writing I thought about a couple blogs that I recently read about identities. One of the other bloggers wrote about her identity as a mom, and how that has changed from her identity before she was a mom. The other blogger wrote about her identity as a soon to be mom.
This got me to thinking about my identity.
So I filled out the 25 random things about me, and like half of my answers revolved around booze. So I had to adjust my answers a bit to make sure I didn't sound like a drunk. Then when thinking about my identity I started to think about things I like to do...again my thoughts turned to booze.
I am beginning to see a common thread....I like booze.
I can't hide it, so I think I should embrace it.....in sort of a Thursday 13 type of way.
So, here you go...my 13 favorite drinks!

1. Beer...pretty much any kind, but on a hot day there is nothing better than an ice cold Coors light...I know pretty WT right? but whatever!
2. Martini's, I like martinis, I like the girly kind like cosmos and lemon drops, but I also love a good vodka martini...dirty please!
3. Wine...you bottle it and I'll drink it! I prefer reds but I won't pass up a good Chardonnay or SB.
4. vodka and soda with a lime
5. Rum and diet coke, ah how this takes me back to college. Kristin and I used to walk to El Torito at least once a week for one (or a few) of these little gems. Delish with chips and salsa.
6. Margaritas! Muy Bueno!
7. Tequila shots...more specifically Patron! So so good...but I refrain from tequila shots lately as they make me a bit too crazy
8. Jungle Juice...yeah you know what I'm talking about. Ah the college days of fruit flavored rums with fruit juice...so you can't taste the booze at all and they go down like...well juice..dangerous
10. I have to go WAY back for this one...but Zima's with jolly ranchers...now I think it's disgusting but man I used to drink those all the time...when I was ...um we'll leave the age out of that.
11. Mimosa! Nothing says good morning like a little OJ in your Champagne....or um...I mean a little champagne in your OJ.
12. A good old Vodka Cranberry...Delicious and nutritious
13. Beer...yeah I know I already said that, but I LOVE it and it deserves to be on the list twice!

4 comments:

janessa said...

LOL! I love it! mmmm, I love me some alcohol, too! Can I play along?
1) Pinot Noir (YUM!)
2) sparkling wine (not too sweet please)
3) Key Lime Martini
4) Lemon Drop
5) This drink a bartender at Ruth's Chris made up for me.
6) Port
7) vodka cran (favorite dive bar drink)
8) Mojito!
9) Lava Flow (reminds me of Kauai)
10) Bailey's
11) Egg nog (only made from scratch, with burbon, not rum!)
12) White wines (generic listing)
13) beer... cuz I can't *not* list it for you!

liz.mccarthy said...

I've been tagged so many times on the 25 things I hope I can find the time to get around to it!

Jamers said...

I.<3.you. :o)

Anonymous said...

I think we're A LOT alike!