Monday, January 26, 2009

Another funny from my sister.....

On Saturday night my sister decided to cook dinner for her boyfriend and decided to make Chicken in wine sauce. So she called my mom and got the recipe. Dan, Natalie and I were out at a birthday party for a friend.
On Sunday morning, I was putting away her dishes (another story all together) from the meal the night before and noticed that the insert for the rice cooker was out on the counter but the lid was missing. So I started looking for the lid, and finally found it in a random cabinet, dirty. As I was washing it I noticed that the handle was sort of melted. I examined it further and realized that there was strings of melted plastic all over the lid and the handle was pretty screwed up. I was perplexed...how could she have melted the lid to the rice cooker. And I was a bit pissed that she tried to hide it...but whatever.
When she finally woke up, I asked her how she melted the lid...her response "I didn't" ...Um yeah you did.
A bit more questioning from me...which included..."did you leave it on the stove?" "did you put a hot pot on it?" etc. Finally she turns around and says "I don't know how it happened....it can go in the microwave right?"
Ummm...NO! It's metal! It's part of an electronic appliance....no it can't go in the microwave.

Ugh! How can one person lack so much common sense....I mean I brushed off the "which way is hot" comment..albeit with a few laughs, but really she had no idea that you shouldn't put metal in the microwave.
Once again, I am rethinking her living with us......and every time I tell my mom one of these stories she just laughs...a knowing laugh.