Thursday, March 12, 2009

Furlough Friday = pampering mommy day...

Because of my 9/80 work schedule and State Employee's being furloughed I've been having every Friday off. It has been AWESOME to say the least. I get an extra day with Natalie, I only have to work 4 days a week....the list goes on and on. (However I still can't seem to stay caught up on laundry...but that's another story)
So my Mother-in-Law, emailed me yesterday asking if she could pick Natalie up from daycare on Friday to spend some time with her. Well since Natalie doesn't go to daycare on Friday's I decided I'd let grandma have some Natalie time and I'd take some time for myself *gasp*. I haven't really done anything for myself since Natalie was born with the exception of a few haircuts (mom has to look somewhat presentable), which is completely fine, I'd rather spend every spare moment with her. But this time I figured "eh what the hell...I could use a massage"
So I booked a massage at my favorite spa since I still had some left over gift certificates from my birthday 2 years ago, and plan to spend a few hours alone (with the exception of the masseuse that will be there) getting pampered. I think I might book a pedicure too...it's warm enough to break out the flip flops right?!?
And I may even hit up the wine bar that is next to the spa...with a book...ahh sounds fab!
Anyone care to join me?

3 comments:

Kris said...

Sounds LOVELY!

I would love to join you, however I will be calculating Unrealized Gains and Losses the remainder of my week :P

Enjoy! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

how very wonderful!!!! I think I need to get on the band wagon.

Jamers said...

Sweet! Sounds like a good way to spend the day. I'll be jealous of you as I waste away in my cubicle.