Friday, July 10, 2009

Patience with my patient

So Dan had surgery on Tuesday, they thought he had a torn meniscus but it turned out that was not the case and they still don't know what is wrong with him....wonderful.
So for 3 days he was unable to put any weight on his right leg, which meant that he had to basically sit on the couch and be waited on. So on Wednesday I went to work...because I'm a bitch like that. But, in my defense I got him all set up in the morning with phones, pillows, coffee, I had lunches in the house that were really easy etc etc. He was able to hobble around on his crutches. So I was feeling bad for him and waiting on him while I was home...until I found out that he had been able to go out to his truck with no assistance...down stairs. Uh yeah guy if you can manage stairs than you can fend for yourself buddy.
But he is finally able to get around more and play with Natalie a bit more which is a huge help for me. And hopefully we'll get the results from the tissue samples soon.
But man I tell ya, I am not cut out for this nurse maid stuff...sympathy isn't my strong suit.

1 comment:

Jamers said...

Grrr... Why are men such big babies when they're hurt or sick? I might sound like a heartless bitch, but good for you for making him fend for himself if he's perfectly able to do so! I hope he's 100% soon.