Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I hate not knowing.....

As a State employee, we've been sort of up in the air lately with regard to furloughs. Are we going to be furloughed, will all agencies be furloughed. Then it came down that we'd be subject to furloughs...oh but not my agency. So that was a relief for a moment...or a couple days as it were. Until...oops you're furloughed. Well now that I've resigned myself to being furloughed and am trying frantically to figure out a new budget with a huge chunk of change missing from it, we get an email saying that we won't be furloughed....or at least not in the same way. That;s great...except for those people who already took furlough days...after all the month is half way over already.
It appears that we might get lucky and only get a 5% cut in pay (much more manageable than the 10 that I was anticipating)....but now we're up in the air again.
I hate not knowing, don't get me wrong I'd love to not be furloughed or to only get a 5% pay cut....but it's the unknown that's really getting to me.
So I am currently cautiously optimistic that we'll be only getting a 5% pay cut...anyone want to wish me some luck....

2 comments:

Jamers said...

Best of luck to you. You're right... it's the back and forth and the NOT knowing for sure that is the most stressful. They really need to get their sh!t straight so you know one way or the other what's up.

SmartAssMom said...

Good luck!