Sunday, December 19, 2010

Within the next 30 days...

Per the surgery scheduler we are the books and the surgeries will happen within the next 30 days...actually the next 24 days since I'm a bit late on this update.
We met with the "other" surgeon and he was great! I feel really comfortable with either of them. Dr. P is the chief of the department but is seriously lacking in personality...but I know he's one of the best, he's highly respected in his field and all that jazz. Dr. Z is also great, his education is just as high or higher than Dr. P, but he's less published. However his bedside manner and his personality was light years above Dr. P.
Ultimately I am happy with my decision of taking whomever could fit the girls in first.

The surgery scheduler is allowing us to have the surgeries done on the same day. The PA was originally against this but Dr. Z seems to think it's a fine idea and once the PA heard our reasoning she was on board. Dan is still out of work so we can both be home for the entire 2 week recovery period. Also my brother will be home from college, so we'll have lots of support.

The pre-op appointments went well...all except for getting urine samples from an infant and a toddler....but some surgical tape, U bags, and a lot of mess later we got pee samples in cups and they made it to the lab! When we get a surgery date we'll do the blood work for the girls...another part I'm not looking forward.

I'm very hopeful that in a short few months this will all be behind us and we'll be no worse for the wear.

No comments: