Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Recap...

Christmas was awesome, truly great! We spent time with family, the girls got amazing gifts, everyone was spoiled. The food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful, and the desserts were divine. But....oh and it's a big BUT...the poop and barf sort of overshadowed the day.
Yup, poop AND barf. And yes this is a TMI post...so stop now if you don't want to read about poop and barf.

Natalie woke up on Christmas morning at about 6:45 covered in poop. She is potty trained but wears pull-ups at night time...well pull-ups as I've learned do not have the same holding shit in power that diapers have. So my lovely daughter comes into our room crying and saying "I'm soaking wet" okay, no problem we've had pee leaks here and there and it's nothing I can't deal with...even on Christmas. But as I turned on the light in her room I was greeted with the HORROR of poop EVERYWHERE! Seriously it looked like a poop bomb had exploded all over Natalie and her bed. So I decided that my evil plan of changing her pj's and putting her back to bed would have to be trashed in favor of a shower, Lysol, and a gas mask.
Not only was it disgusting, but my grand plan of the girls on Christmas morning opening presents in matching pajamas was ruined!

After I chiseled the shit off of my kid (really who shits themselves in the middle of the night and doesn't notice until the morning) and got her settled in my bed with some Mickey mouse, I tackled stripping her bed and showering the stench off of myself....all in time to begin cooking breakfast for the 12 people who were due at our house...just an hour later.

Breakfast was delicious, I made a yummy strata and a delightfully fattening hash brown casserole and my mom made an amazing French toast bake.
We spend HOURS opening gifts, it took so long that Natalie had to take a break because she was "tired of presents".....sometimes I wonder if she is really my kid.

After we finished presents, we ran out the door to Christmas #2, where my girls got their first pairs of diamond earrings..*cough* spoiled *cough*, after opening more presents and visiting we had to run to Christmas #3 (and thankfully the final destination )

We had an intimate dinner at my parents house, with only 10 people in attendance...which is a far cry from the dinners where we had 20+ attendees.
We had Fillet, and delicious wine and then played an fun game of Left Right Center....if you haven't played...you must try it. SO fun!

Then more friends came for my parents annual Christmas Dessert party where guests buried their Christmas drama under servings of cheese cake and wine!

Finally I pry my kids away from the fun they were having with their Aunts and Uncles and coax them into going home. No sooner do we make it home than does Addison barf all over herself and her car seat.

Poop in the morning and now barf in the evening....and that set the tone for the day after Christmas and the 2 days following. The girls took turns vomiting on me, and or shitting all over everything....and I spent 3 days doing laundry and spraying everything with Lysol....

Oh and I almost forgot....Sunday morning we (Dan and I) spend 4 hours in the ER where we learned that his giant kidney stone, which had been blasted into many many smaller kidney stones had decided to get stuck in his ureter and was causing pee to back up into his kidneys and cause excruciating pain.

As sympathetic as I am towards him, I was totally pissed that this left me alone to clean barf and shit while he laid passed out on the couch from all the "great pain meds" they gave him in the hospital.

So, as awesome as Christmas was....I'm glad it's over and hope that our household can remain shit free for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Cassi said...

haha jesus Kel! You are the luckiest woman I have encountered in a while. Man-o-man