Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Name game...

When we had Natalie we had a hell of a time deciding on a name, we finally narrowed it down to two names and decided to wait and see what she looked like. When she was born the nurse asked us what her name was and Dan replied "Natalie" to which I started crying, and said "no that's not her name" (Dan's story is that he said Caitlin...but I distinctly remember Natalie). Anyway after 2 days in the hospital as "baby girl Roberts" and being told I'd be responsible for mailing in the birth certificate and social security info...I decided I must name this child. So we named her Natalie...I blame my insane hormones for not allowing that to just be the name from the announcement in the delivery room but whatever.
So now we're faced with the same dilemma...only we've already found our "favorite" girl name and used it...so now I have to find one we like equally as well as Natalie. And it's proving to be a difficult task.
I think we've again narrowed it down to two names, this time Addison and Isabel. Dan really prefers Isabel, and I prefer Addison...so again we'll wait and see what she looks like when she's born.
I really think naming kids is the hardest part of pregnancy...yeah other things are difficult, and painful...but nothing weighs more heavily on your than choosing a name. And then you think back to the age old question (okay maybe not age old but whatever)...does the person make the name or does the name make the person? Will choosing the wrong name for her push her to be someone she wouldn't have been...ugh.
I hate making decisions!!

No comments: