Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reunion conundrum.

To go or not to go...that is the question. My 10 year High School Reunion is coming up this October, and I need to get off the pot and decide if I'm going to go ASAP. I've already missed the deadline for the discount tickets and if I go now I must pay an additional $15 per person...
Here's my dilemma, I loved high school, it was great I had a great time etc etc...but I have sucked at keeping in touch with anyone I went to school with. Then I joined facebook...ah the amazing time suck known as facebook. Now I've become "friends" with almost all of my old high school friends, I keep up on what they're up to, I see pictures of their kids and all that....so I sort of feel like what's the point of going to the reunion.
Also, I'm pregnant, so I won't be boozing it up at the reunion, I'll have to find something to fit my even fatter now ass into to go, and drunk people annoy me when I'm sober.
Really the second point there is the major one, I am appalled by the amount of weight I've gained since high school and I don't really want to even show my face there....I know I shouldn't care and that everyone looks different blah blah blah...but it's tough when you used to be a pretty thin girl and now...well not so much.
I fear that I'll regret not going, but wonder if I'll regret more spending $130 on tickets not to mention shelling out $ for the new clothes I'll buy to not have fun....or worse be uncomfortable.
Decisions, decisions.

No comments: