Thursday, April 23, 2009

The calm before the storm....

So as you know Natalie's first birthday and part are on Saturday...only 2 days away. So last night I decided I'd do a trial run of the cupcake bites for the party. I saw these great cupcake pops on the bakerella blog She does some amazing stuff with these cute cupcake pops....so I thought I'd try my hand at being Suzy Homemaker....well I failed. The pops are a bit time consuming and starting at almost 8 pm was my first mistake. Then not really reading all the key steps was my second mistake...and I think the fatal error was assuming that since it looks so easy on her blog that it would really be super easy. Well I was wrong. So there will be no cupcake bites at Natalie's party...although I doubt anyone will really notice since there will be a plethora of cupcakes in various sizes...maybe next year.

So that's my first failure in this birthday party challenge...we'll see how the rest of my tasks go. I'm feeling okay right now but I'm quite sure that tomorrow afternoon I will be a stress case...and on Saturday morning it would behove everyone to just avoid me.

2 comments:

crazigirl80 said...

OMG!! Those pops are the DEVIL I tell ya! I tried making them for my x-mas cookie exchange....waaaayyyyyy too consuming and to be honest-not all that great tasting either. I promise not to bring up the subject of cake pops on Sat!!! :)

Reesha said...

FYI The fridge/freezer part is the key. so is gettin the cake baked the night b4.

let me know if u change yur mind & want them