Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Reading Update!

With 2 birthdays, 2 parties and a slew of other things going on this month, I didn't get through very many books....but I will update anyhow.

In the beginning of April I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, this was a total deviation from my normal fluffy chick lit books of choice, but I LOVED it. I could not put this book down. It technically written for young adults, which I no longer am...but I enjoyed it none the less. It had action, romance, drama, and great characters!


The second book I read in April was the follow up to the first. I read Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, this is (obviously) the sequel to The Hunger Games. It was equally as exciting, although it did take some time to get moving. I enjoyed this as much as the first for the same reasons, and now I have to go track down the 3rd.

The third book for April was a fun fluffy chick lit book and a super cheap download for my kindle (at a whopping $0.99), called Diary of a Mad Fat Woman by Stephanie McAfee. This was a super enjoyable read, nothing amazing. The storyline was cute, the characters were good, and it moved at a great pace. I do think I'll look for other books by this author since it was so fun.

I'm currently working my way through The Bitch Proof Suit by De-Ann Black, it's good, and as another cheap ($0.99) download how can you lose. Hopefully I'll be done by the end of the weekend.

So I guess I didn't do as poorly as I thought!

No comments: