Thursday, February 17, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge - February Update.....

I am a member of GoodReads and I love it, if you're not a member yet you should check it out. It's great for finding new books to read, and getting reviews of books. More than once I've found a book that I LOVE from reading friends reviews. Especially when it's a book that I might have never picked up otherwise.



I was reading a LOT in January, but got a little bogged down with a LONG chick lit book in late January, and slowed my reading down a bit.

Anyhow my February is going to be short since I chose to read some longer and heavier books this month.



January 2011 reading list



February reading list:



Book 6 of 2011 was Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell, this was a fun book and an easy read...but it was a lot longer than your typical chick lit book at 576 pages. And I felt that at times the book was dragging on, which is probably why it took me 2 weeks to finish it, and then I was a bit disappointed at how quickly the author tried to tie up the ending.

Overall it was a cute chick lit book about writing a chick lit book, which was a fun change from the typical romantic story lines. It is set in England, and I LOVE the British humor so that was a huge factor in my overall liking of this book.



Book 7 of 2011 is The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Steig Larsson. I finally finished this book...it took a bit over a month for me to get through....granted it was long but really it was because I just didn't want to devote that much brain power to a book. These books are AMAZING, really so gripping and exciting and overall great books. BUT they make you think, and you really have to pay attention. You can't just flit through the book at a quick pace...or at least I couldn't. You have to remember a LOT of characters, and this 3rd book brought back some characters from the previous books but also introduced a whole slew of new characters.....and being I had a hard time remember everyone, especially when their names were so similar...as apparently so many Swedish names are...who knew.
Overall, an amazing read. I LOVED all 3 of these books, I'm temped to go back and read them again now that I have a better handle on the names and characters.

I'm devoting March to reading crappy chick lit...and I can't wait!

No comments: