Monday, March 28, 2011

Things I love...right now

Besides the obvious, my kids, my husband etc. I am currently in LOVE with a couple things...and I thought I'd share them with you...my peeps. (yeah I know I'm way to old/white/lame etc to say my peeps but whatevs....and I get that I'm too old for that phrase as well.) I am currently SO in love with the Urban Decay Naked palette. I mean in LOVE. It has the most divine, soft, amazing colors all in one great little palette. I'd been coveting this palette for weeks, calling my local Ulta, but they were sold out. I was sad, then on Saturday while I was cruising through Macy's I look to my right and what do I see, an Urban Decay counter. Be still my heart, I beelined for it. I was knocking old broads out of my way, I get to the counter and what do I see....the palette on display. Surely it must be too good to be true, they're just teasing me, I'm sure when I ask about it the girl will tell me they're sold out. But no, no, when I asked about it she produced one, I almost hugged her. I slapped my debit card on the counter and then spied the eye liners. Uh I'll have one of those too. When all was said and done, I was broke but I had my Palette and that makes everything okay. A little overly dramatic...yeah whatevs! The second thing I'm currently in love with is the Tone Loc station on Pandora. If you're not familiar with Pandora...uh crawl out from under the rock you're living under and check it out. It's freaking awesome! Not only can you stream live music on your computer, but on your phone and on some Blu-ray players. Yeah, it's awesome. But just when I thought I knew all about the awesomeness of Pandora, I found a Tone Loc station. OMG I died. For over a week now I've been rocking out to Tone Loc, Salt-N-Pepa, TLC, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Run DMC, NWA, Beastie Boys etc. It really makes my day so much better when I can be transplanted back to Jr High dances, summer vacations, and tape players. Oh the good old days. So I realize that my life is boring and that I shouldn't get quite so excited about these small things....but hey I'll take the excitement when I can get it.

No comments: