Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to the grind...

I'm now in my third week of being back at work post maternity leave...and it is getting easier. I tend to really relish my time with the girls now that I am away from them for about 10 hours per day. Although it is really depressing to break it down in time. I spend roughly 10 hours away from them between my 9 hour work day and my commute etc, they sleep for about 11 hours...which means I get to see them about 3 hours a day....and part of that time is spent in the car driving them to and from daycare...by the time we get home from daycare it's about 6 and Natalie goes to bed at 8:30
No wonder I feel like I'm running around like a crazy person. I have to fit in cooking dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up after dinner, bath time, getting ready for bed, playing, reading and so on into just 2.5 hours.

Recently some of the fellow moms on my moms board did a "day in the life" where they documented in pictures a day in the life of their kid. As much as I want to participate I think it might just depress me when I think of how much time I spend away from them a day.
Why oh why can't I just be independently wealthy......

Okay back to reality, and for good measure here's a recent picture of my little darlings....they love each other so much...I have to enjoy it while I can. In a few short years they'll HATE each other. Notice Natalie has stolen Addison's binky...and so it begins.


2 comments:

SmartAssMom said...

Look what a big girl Natalie is!! Adorable picture, makes me a tiny bit less panicked about what is soon to come my way...

Alison said...

Oh god, I have to tell myself on a regular basis to STOP thinking about this!! Especially when I start to add up the hours DC spends with him... vs. what *I* spend with him. So very sad! You're so lucky to have your mom K! And the girls are adorable!