Monday, March 8, 2010

A fun filled day in the ER

On Friday morning I come around the corner to see Natalie with my purse open and a bottle of Tylenol (adult 325 mg tablets) open and all the Tylenol all over the floor. She had opened a cabinet climbed up the shelves and pulled my purse down, and got the bottle open all within like 1 minute. Honestly I have NO idea how she got the bottle open since I can rarely open those bottles...but whatever.
So called poison control while Dan cleaned up the pills and they said that 6 or more could be fatal, I was pretty confident that she hadn't eaten any but since 18 were gone from the bottle and I had no idea how many I had taken in the months that I've had the bottle, to be safe we went to the ER. They did a blood draw, made her drink charcoal, and then another blood draw only to determine that she didn't eat any. So 5 hours of torture later we got to go home. Needless to say I felt like a shitty mom, and have found a new resting place for my purse. The cabinets that she got into are the towel cabinets so we don't have locks on them since she likes to get "blankets" (aka towels) out for her babies...but Dan was putting child locks on those cabinets today too.

No comments: